Sunday, August 7, 2011

I am a Triathlete!

I'm finally getting around to posting about my triathlon I competed in a month ago. It was amazing! Here I am right before the race with my cousin.
Most triathlons are in open water, but I decided to do my first one in a pool. I am not a strong swimmer and am certainly not fast. I was worried I might get tired and have to back stroke, but I was able to achieve my goal of doing it all on my front, either freestyle or breast stroke.
The bike ride was my favorite part: 12.1 miles through beautiful Cache Valley.
This is moments before I crossed the finish line!
It may have only been a sprint (half the Olympic distance), but it was a great start. It was really so much fun and I wasn't even sore afterwards; I surely should have pushed myself harder. I definitely want to do another triathlon and hope to do the Cache Valley Sprint again next year! We're officially triathletes!


2 comments:

  1. You are truly an amazing inspiration! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did awesome! I set goals today to lose some of my weight. I am at 172 lbs right now. I feel it will never happen. I updated an old running blog to help me. Come read along if you feel inclined and be a cheerleader for me! http://runlaura.blogspot.com/

    You really inspire me. I think of you when I don't want to work out and a few times I get out of bed and get to work. I just need it to be completely consistent and not once a week.

    ReplyDelete