Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dirty Dash

At the beginning of this month I ran the Dirty Dash race, which is a 5k mud run. Our team name was "Cruisin' for a Bruisin'".
There were photographers throughout the race taking professional photos. I don't love these photos enough to purchase them, so that's why there just the samples. The race was up at Soldier Hollow in Midway. Some of the race was just a dirt road, but they had obstacles like hay bales and these walls you had to climb over.
There were sometimes fans spraying our huge amounts of water to make everything a muddy mess. There were tires to step through and tunnels to crawl though. Some runners slopped themselves with so much mud that they were brown from head-to-toe. I actually didn't get too dirty considering the mess I was running through. Near the end they had this huge blow-up thing. I tried to slide, but it didn't have enough air, so I had to jog down it instead.
At the very end there was this huge mud pit.
I decided to wear clothes that I don't care for so that I could just throw them away afterwards. Good riddance! I wore some old running shoes that were still great. After the race I washed them off and donated them to charity. I'm glad that people in Africa can benefit from them. Climbing out of that slippery pit was seriously an accomplishment.
Here is our team Cruisin' for a Bruisin' with the Dirty Dash stuffed pig.
It was really fun! It's definitely the kind of thing that is way more fun with a team than it would be by yourself. They're doing a 10k Dirty Dash in September if you're up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment