Saturday, March 20, 2010

Couch Potato to Runner

Well, I've only been doing it two days, but I'm loving this Couch Potato to Runner Program. Because I am not really a couch potato I've been extending my running a little. Today I ran for 30 minutes (12 sprints). After a few sprints my heart was pounting in my chest and my lungs were hard at work to give me enough air. Because of the full-out sprints I could also feel my muscles getting fully utilized clear up to my gluts.

I love that feeling of knowing that I am extending myself a little. It was hard to push myself to run as fast as I could each time. The later sprints weren't nearly as fast, but I feel good about my efforts.

3 comments:

  1. oooh, i love this. even though I'm no "couch potato", it's just good to know I get get further than I am in 9 short weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, good for you! I must say I am pretty impressed seeing that you are pregnant! Congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just clicked that you are totally pregnant and doing all of this!!! Wow, amazing! I am going to do a giveaway for Kristi Approved starting this week, you should advertise on your blog! I love your links for fitness and health related things. I want to put a bmi calculator too...thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete