Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's Amazing What a Few Months Can Do

A few months after having my second child I decided to get serious about getting in shape. In the first three months I lost 20 pounds. That took consistent effort in exercising and eating right, but I loved the results. It's amazing what a few months can do.

Some of you may know that we are expecting again! We are really very excited about it. I'm just beginning my second trimester and am due in September. Now, I had hoped and basically planned on continuing my same exercise regiment throughout pregnancy. I knew I'd need to make a few alterations in my ab workouts, but I had not counted on feeling so queasy for a few months. Really as far as pregnancies go, I've been really lucky. I did not, however, feel like I could go out jogging for a while (or occasionally even out of bed).

Luckily, I have been feeling much better and started back into jogging. The trouble is that I'm practically starting over. After a two month hiatus, I can't keep up even a slow jog for three miles. Again, it's amazing what a few months can do. I am determined to make the next months get me back to consistent exercise.

I will trade off between two training styles. One is run 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds for a twenty minute time period. The other is jog a few miles (or more if I can) at a slow-moderate jog. Hopefully over the next few weeks I can get back into the groove.

The weather is delightful, so I imagine I won't need much coaxing to get out there, just determination to push myself to go a little faster a little longer.

Wish me luck! If you need to get "back into the groove" as well, there is never a better time than today!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you too! I didn't know you had this blog and I am so happy for you! YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! Good luck with #3.

    ReplyDelete