Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Which Direction Are You Heading?

Now that my baby is six weeks old and I'm cleared for exercise again, I have been looking forward to getting back into an exercise routine. I had been planning to start week one of the Couch Potato to Runner training program. The weather last week was in the upper sixties, and now the high is in the forties, but that wouldn't have stopped me. Unfortunately I also have a cold with a killer sore throat. I have postponed my first cardio workout, but that doesn't mean I have to hold off on everything.

I have still started back up with hand weights. I love feeling my arm muscles work and know that I'm getting stronger. It will take some time before I am strong enough to do this upper body workout with 10 pound weights again, but I'm sure I'll get there.

Today at my postpartum doctor appointment, I weighted in at 180.2 pounds. It's a far cry from where I'd like to be, but it's closer than I was after my previous pregnancies. Even thought the weather and a virus are not in my favor, I'm determined to get started in the right direction. Here is great quote by Jon Gruden:

"You never stay the same. You either get better or you get worse."


Which direction are you heading?

No comments:

Post a Comment