Monday, June 21, 2010

Pushing Yourself While Having Fun

A few weeks ago we took a vacation to Portland, Oregon. We enjoyed many things, including the Historic Columbia River Highway and all of the waterfalls. We hiked up to the top of Multnomah Falls. It's only 2.2 miles round trip, but has a 700 foot elevation gain. With a cold and at six months pregnant, it was a little challenging to push myself to the top, but I made it. I was seriously relieved enough to see that 11 of 11 switchbacks sign that I took a photo. Really though, I enjoyed myself immensely. it was so beautiful and fun to exercise in a different way!

We don't all live close enough to take this particular hike, but surely we all live close enough to something. Take the opportunity to get some exercise doing something fun out in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment